Addiction affects people of all nationalities, religions, shapes, gender, creed, age and intellect. It is usually impossible to tell if someone is suffering from addiction by simply looking at them.
- Assessment of risk status for individuals and family members
- Information and Advice on treatment options
- Referral to treatment services and self-help groups
- Counselling for people with alcohol and other addictive problems
- Advice and counselling for family members struggling to cope with addiction especially the spouse or partner
- Information on the harmful effects on children
- Advice on how to discuss addiction with children
- Occupational Health: Counselling for employees/staff
- Literature and website recommendations
- Interviews for all forms of the media on the above subjects.
Training sessions and Lecture services
- Consultation on alcohol/drug policies for employers.
- Design and implementation of Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs).
- Training on alcohol/drug symptoms for line–managers.
Rolande has delivered lectures and workshops to a wide range of people and professional groups including Doctors, trainee Doctors, Practice Nurses, international and national conferences, employees, Company executives, colleges, schools community groups and many more.
Examples of some topics;
- Alcohol and the Family
- How much alcohol is too much?
- The signs and symptoms of dependence
- Alcohol and mental health
- Depression and Alcohol – close cousins
- Setting up an Employee Assistance Programme
- Alcohol and Primary Care
- Motivational Interviewing
- Brief Interventions
- Lifestyle changes
- Living with a Problem Drinker
- Recovery from alcohol dependence/alcoholism.
If you are organising a lecture, talk or workshop or if you are interested in such topics please use the contact form or ring the telephone number in the contact section for more details. You can also invite Rolande to speak on a related topic.